We are being introduced to a new daredevil! Travis Ludlow, a teenager from the U.K, is going to fulfill his dream of flying around the world and smash the world record as the youngest solo pilot to do so. His flight begins in 2020. He just turned 17 and has been flying since he was 13, with his first solo flight at the tender age of 14!
As a major sponsor, BendixKing is modernizing Travis’ Piper PA-28 with its products, comprised of:
- AeroVue Touch primary and multi-functional display to replace legacy six-pack instruments. The product pedigree originates from Honeywell’s programs such as the F-16 avionics. It features include the industry-leading SmartView™ synthetic vision, a vertical situation display that shows flight path over terrain, and ADS-B In weather and traffic and more.
- AeroNav 900 and 800 GPS navigational systems offering a feature-rich, hybrid touch screen/physical knobs GPS/FMS/NAV/COM. AeroNav offers a hybrid touchscreen/physical-knobs interface that makes it very easy to use. It also offers wireless connectivity, and synthetic vision designed right in.
- AeroCruze 100 autopilot a simple to use, yet powerful and flexible system that can connect to either hand-held GPS or IFR panel mount GPS systems.
- AeroPoint engine monitoring which is an advanced and accurate high-resolution engine monitor for single engine aircraft. TSO’d as a primary instrument, this replaces many old engine gauges.
- AeroFlight primary attitude indicator which a modern electronic display that provides aircraft attitude, airspeed, altitude, vertical speed and slip/skid.
- AeroWave 100 inflight internet connectivity solution for Travis’ aircraft that enables him to communicate with the world via voice and/or text in addition to getting weather data through his journey. He can also send emails and browse the web when he chooses.
Also included with the above instruments, is BendixKing’s audio panel, KMA 30.